Dog Board & Train
Stressed out because your adolescent dog is out of control? Frustrated that your adult dog doesn’t seem to listen? Try dog training a better way: Sierra Dogs’ Board & Train – a sleep-away “dog boarding school” where your dog learns good manners, great behavior, and how to be the well-mannered family dog you want. We are veterinarian recommended, have many positive reviews on Yelp and Google, and won both Style Magazine and the Mountain Democrat Readers’ Choice for Favorite Pet Trainer; the majority of our business comes from referrals from happy clients, other trainers, and veterinarians.
Dog Board & Train is…
- A three- to six-week dog training process when your dog lives with a certified dog trainer in her peaceful Placerville home
- Training woven into the fabric of everyday life – so your dog learns manners and skills in real-life situations
- Positive training that rewards your dog for good behavior – promoting progress you’ll see for years to come
- Where your dog learns a lot – while having tons of fun with his/her trainer and two Canine Teaching Assistants!
A Dog Board & Train helps with:
- Basic Manners & Cues – learning good behaviors like down, stay, come, drop it, and loose-leash walking
- Problem solving – unlearning bad behaviors like jumping up on people, and pulling on the leash
- Real-life skills – knowing how to behave well at home and in public
- Increasing your dog’s attention span, ability to focus and be calm
RATES: 3 weeks: $3600 4 weeks: $4500 5 weeks: $5300 6 weeks: $6000
The longer the stay, the more we can practice & strengthen the behaviors we’re teaching in various circumstances, and the easier it will be for you to maintain and practice. It also takes time to “unlearn” undesirable behaviors and replace them with better habits. The most common length of time for Board & Train is 4 or 5 weeks, but each Training Camp session is determined based on your specific goals and situation and will be discussed in detail with you during the initial consult.
Private Behavioral Consults
A Private Behavioral Consultation is the first step in Sierra Dogs’ training process.
- We schedule time for me to meet your dog, assess his behavior, and discuss your training goals and challenges
- We provide a set of recommendations for how we can meet your training goals, a “training roadmap”
- This session is a prerequisite for a Board & Train session
RATES: Initial 90 minute consult $250 (will be subtracted from Dog Board & Train fee if booked)
Training with a Positive Touch
Sierra Dogs only uses dog-friendly, force-free, reward-based dog training methods that:
- Emphasize positive reinforcement.
- Make training a fun, pleasant experience
- Are scientifically proven to get results
As a proud member of the Pet Professional Guild, The Association for Force Free Pet Professionals, I pledge the following: “No shock, no pain, no choke, no fear, no physical force, no physical molding, no compulsion-based methods are employed to train or care for [your] pet” while in my care. To learn more about this organization and to see the full pledge, click here.
Regardless of whom you choose to train your dog or puppy, be sure to ask lots of questions, and expect clear answers with no jargon and with clearly defined terms. Here is a link to help you know what to ask any trainer: Ten Questions to Ask Your Dog Training Professional — Before You Hire Them!
If you are looking for the best dog training in Sacramento, El Dorado Hills, Folsom, Placerville, or the surrounding areas, look no further than Sierra Dogs!